A. Building permits.
Click here for a Building Permit Application | Click here for a Building Inspection Check List | Deck Permit
- Residential one and two family: five cents ($0.05) per square foot.
- Residential additions: five cents ($0.05) per square foot.
- Storage sheds: twelve by twelve (12 x 12) feet or smaller: five dollars ($5.).
- Swimming pools, garages, storage sheds larger than twelve by twelve (12 x 12)feet, etc.: thirty dollars ($30).
Pool permits require to following:
-Location of pool with setback dimensions to all
property lines - liquid capacity in gallons - method of filling and
draining. Type and size of filter system - estimated cost of the pool.
All pools need proof an electrical inspector has approved the
- Multiple families: five cents ($0.05) per square foot.
- Commercial, industrial, and new construction: five cents ($0.05) per square foot.
- Change of use and occupancy: two cents ($0.02) per square foot.
- Energy Audit is required for new construction.
residential audit -- www.energycodes.gov/rescheck
- Storm Water Managment Plan is also required for new construction over an acre.
B. Sign permits: twenty dollars ($20).
C. Planning Board
(1) Application fee: twenty-five dollars ($25.) minimum.
(2) Site plan rev - Re-occupancy: fifteen dollars ($15.) per required parking space.
One-third (1/3) payable with building permit.
One-third (1/3) payable with final construction approval.
(3) Subdivision review. One- and two-family projects: fifty dollars ($50) per lot or unit.
The Town of Chenango, the "municipality," has
hereby determined that the municipality shall recover the cost of any
additional engineering review required on applications submitted to the
municipality. The costs collected are desirable, enhance the health and
welfare and are in the public interest of the Town of Chenango.
D. Zoning Board of Appeals.
(1) Application fee: fifty dollars ($50).
(2) Special meetings of either the Planning Board or the Zoning Board of Appeals:
- New construction: thirty dollars ($30) per required parking space.
One-third (1/3) payable with application.
five hundred dollars ($500) per meeting.
E. Town Board: change of zone.
- Petition fee: publication and filing fees to be paid by applicant.
- Zoning Ordinance: twenty dollars ($20).
- Public Works Specifications: twenty dollars ($20).
- Sewer Regulations: ten dollars ($10).
- Subdivision Regulations: ten dollars ($10).
- Water Regulations: ten dollars ($10).
- Town Code book: at the current rate.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When do I need a building permit?
A building permit is required for all structures, alterations and
demolitions, this includes but is not limited to: new construction,
alterations, placement of new structures, movement of existing
buildings, storage structures for all hazardous materials, conversions,
occupancy changes, electrical alterations, heating systems, gas
appliances for heating or decorative use, solid fuel burning appliances,
chimney or flue additions or alterations, structural alterations,
changes to fire safety and/or life safety features. If in doubt, contact
When do I need a sign permit?
A sign permit is required for all signs.
How long does it take to acquire a building permit?
Minimum review time is two weeks for commercial
work, multiple dwellings, one and two family homes, additions,
alterations and conversions, review time for smaller projects i.e.
decks, pools, sheds etc., depends on timely submittal and quality of